Monday, March 19, 2007

Website Ideas That Pay - Parked Domains

Here's a great idea that gave me an additional 33 new income generating web sites. I, as well as many of my associates, have reserved many...

Here's a great idea that gave me an additional 33 new income generating web sites. I, as well as many of my associates, have reserved many specific domain names for later use. Usually these domain names are parked at the domain name registrar or web host doing no harm or good ... except generating someone else income and not me! You should have this income, it's your domain right?

Have you ever checked one of your own domain names to find it parked at the web hosts or registar's parked page? They are making money from visitors to your domain name! I decided I was not going to let the web host provider take money I could have in my pocket. I set out to make my own income generating "parked" page.

A parked page can made using a subdomain or one of your unused domains. Use either to make a nice income generating page.. I fixed mine up with a nice header that included the URL and a title that reads "this page parked courtesy of...", and then I added some affiliate Ads. Once my income generating page was completed, I simply aliased all of the unused domain names to the "income generating" page. Very nice... I now have 33 income generating web sites.

Heres a couple of special notes about my income generating page. I used the server environment variables to display the domain name of the "parked" page, a nice touch to 'personalize' the page and make the visitor aware they are visiting the web site URL they entered. I also changed the error page of the parked page site to also redirect to the parked opake to generate additional views.

If you have any parked domain names, make the parked page YOURS and not theirs!!

No comments: